Portfolio Head Semakaleng Leteba Manager Sandile Matubatuba
The department of Corporate Services is led by Mr Sandile Matubatuba who is the Corporate Services Manager. He leads the department with a team of two managers responsible for different sections within the department.
Corporate Services has five sections, viz. Administration, Human Resources Management & Development, Skills Development Facilitation, Information Technology and Traffic.
Objectives of corporate services
- To provide effective and efficient administrative support tom the municipality
- To ensure alignment of the organisational structure with the overall objectives and the strategic direction of the municipality
- To create a pool of relevant skills and develop the municipality into a learning institution
- To promote the existence of sound labour relations and ensure general health and safety environment at the workplace
Departmental Key Performing Areas
- Policy formulation and Review
- Admnistrative Support Services
- Human Resource Mangement and Education, Training & Development of staff
- Employee Wellness, consists of Occupational Health and Safety, Employee Assistance Program and HIV/AIDS & other diseases
- Labour Relations
Elundini Skills Development
The Skills development and Employment Equity function of Elundini Local Municipality is to implement The Skills Development Act, SAQA Act and Employment Equity Act while also conforming to the regulations stipulated in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and the Constitution of South Africa.
The aim is to ensure that the municipality capitalizes on its skills development budget and the Skills Development Levy it pays over to the South African Revenue Services by submitting the Workplace Skills Plan to the Local Government SETA in order to access grants for skills development.
Therefore the function, among many of its aspects:
- Promotes planned approaches toward improving the competence and productivity of our workforce.
- Establishes quality control mechanisms in terms of training outcomes
- Create skills labour pools for future employment
- Access learnership funding, including learnership allowance for the unemployed.
- Develops and Implement an Employment Equity Plan to ensure the eradication of all forms of discrimination in terms of employment policies.
- Initiates steps that will encourage Council to implement programmes to accelerate the training and promotion of historically disadvantaged employees, in order to deliver quality service.