Director - Corporate Services: Mr Sandile Matubatuba
The department of Corporate Services is led by Mr Sandile Matubatuba who is the Director Corporate Services heading four sections namely; Administration, Human Resources Management & Development, Skills Development Facilitation and Information & Communication Technology. He leads the department with a team of three managers responsible for the following sections; Manager Human Resources - Pheello Mosiane, Manager Administration - Vacant position and, Manager Information and Communication Technology-Lamla Lonwabo Leadley Luke. Furthermore the Director is also heading two municipal satellite offices situated in Mount Fletcher and Ugie.
Objectives of the Department
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to the municipality
To ensure alignment of the organisational structure with the overall objectives and the strategic direction of the municipality
To create a pool of relevant skills and develop the municipality into a learning institution
To promote the existence of sound labour relations and ensure general health and safety environment at the workplace
To provide reliable and secure information and communication technology services within Elundini Local Municipality
Departmental Key Performance Areas
- Policy Formulation and Review
- Administrative and Auxiliary Support Services
- Human Resource Management and Education, Training & Development of staff
- Employee Wellness consists of Occupational Health and Safety, Employee Assistance Program and HIV/AIDS & other diseases
- Administration and Support
- Providing a reliable and sustainable information and communication technology environment
Elundini SKills Development
The Skills development and Employment Equity function of Elundini Local Municipality is to implement The Skills Development Act, SAQA Act and Employment Equity Act while also conforming to the regulations stipulated in the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and the Constitution of South Africa.
The aim is to ensure that the municipality capitalises on its skills development budget and the Skills Development Levy it pays over to the South African Revenue Services by submitting the Workplace Skills Plan to the Local Government SETA in order to access grants for skills development.
Main Functions of the Department are:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Employee Wellness
- Occupational Health and Saftey
- Employee Relations
- Organisational Development
- Individual Performance Management
- Conditions of Services, Benefits and Remuneration
- Talent Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Skills Development, Training and Employment Equity
- Promotes planned approaches towards improving the competence and productivity of our workforce
- Establishes quality control mechanisms in terms of training outcomes
- Create skills labour pools for future employment
- Access learnership funding, including learnership allowance for the unemployed
- Develops and Implement an Employment Equity Plan to ensure the eradication of all forms of discrimination in terms of employment policies
- Initiates steps that will encourage council ti implement programmes to accelerate the training and promotion of historically disadvantaged employees, in order to deliver quality service
- Administration and Support
- Auxiliary Services
- Satellite Office/s: Proactively participate in the day to day functions of the municipality by ensuring that it maintains and continually enhances its performance in providing excellence in customer services by:
- providing responsive, accurate and reliable customer service in line with community expectations and council's vision and mission.
- executing personnel administrative functions relating to staff leave and overtime claims which extend to employee wellness and safety.